Engaging and educational tours are a popular mainstay at the Global Village Museum of Arts and Cultures. For just $1/youth (ages 12 and under) or $3/youth (ages 13 and up), & $3/Seniors, a Museum tour is the perfect outing for curious and energetic minds. As a bonus, three aides are admitted free.
Tours are welcome Tuesday through Saturday from 11 am to 4 pm. As part of the tour, youth can enjoy a scavenger hunt for gnomes as well as play musical instruments from around the world.
For reservations, please call Dawn Behr, the Museum’s Administrative Assistant, at 970-221-4600.
The Culture Kit Program creates “Portable Museums” – large carrying cases filled with intriguing, relevant, and meaningful items on a specific topic across many cultures. Designed primarily for elementary and middle school students, the kits emphasize and celebrate diversity through a universal and unifying theme. These multi-cultural and multi-dimensional resources are used by public and private school educators as well as home school associations. The kits provide researched information on the various objects, maps, books, and teacher suggestions for activities in different age groups. The kits augment a student’s curriculum and provide hands-on interaction with both familiar and unfamiliar objects, thus bridging the gap between cultures. Each kit can be used independently or in conjunction with other kits.
Each exhibit we have programs with Experts or College Professors giving informational and educational lecture on various subjects. Each program usually 4 per exhibit are only $5 unless your a member and then they are free.
Each exhibit is carefully put together to be both visually interesting and informational about the subject. You will not walk out without learning something new.
For Youth we make sure we have a few activities such as scavenger hunt and playing international instruments.
Some of our partners and organizations we have worked with over the years:
- Fort Collins Photo Works – Mike Barry
- Zonta Club of Fort Collins
- Trees, Water & People
- American Historical Society Of Germans From Russia
- University of Colorado Boulder Department of Germanic and Slavic Languages and Literature
- Colorado State University Department of Languages, Literatures and Cultures
- Poudre River Library District
- El Porvenir
- University of Northern Colorado Department of History
- Alden Labs
- Colorado State University Center for Protected Area Management
- Colorado State University Department of Political Science
- University of Northern Colorado Department of Anthropology
- University of Northern Colorado Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- FoCo Café
- Fort Collins Food Cooperative
- Farms for Orphans
- Nuance Chocolate
- Colorado State University’s The Africa Center
- Colorado State University’s Kendall Reagan Nutrition Center
- Think Humanity
- The Welsh Rabbit
- Into Your Hands Organization
- Come Back to the Table
- OSHER Lifelong Learning Institute
- Savory Spice Shop
- Mountain Iris Café
- African Drum and Dance Collective of Fort Collins
- Colorado State University Natural Resource Ecology
- Africa Bags
- Fort Collins Marimba
- Far Away Friends
- Peace Corps CSU
- The Murelle Foundation
- Ooktown/Colorado School of Ukulele
- Happy Lucky’s Teahouse
- Egyptian Study Society
- Global Village Academy
- Fort Collins Audubon Society
- Nomad Beads
- Colorado State University Environmental Learning Center